With gratitude to the walkers, host communities, and above all, the many grassroots Indigenous peoples who have actively struggled for the recognition of their basic human rights, we offer up this video documentary that shares the experiences of the 600 km Pilgrimage for Indigenous Rights. The walk may be finished, but the work of raising awareness of and respect for Indigenous human rights is not over. Here’s how to help make this video continue to work toward our goal (short teaser version to come):
- Share it widely on social media and in your communities; host a showing and follow-up conversation.
- Encourage the elected officials in your region to watch this video and follow-up with a request to meet and discuss it.
- Share it with your church family, pastor, your family, and your childrens’ schools.
- If you have connections with elected officials, try and arrange a showing on Parliament Hill.
- Share it with the media in your area, especially if you have media connections.
Many thanks to Brad Leitch of Rebel Sky Media for his excellent work on this production.